Zak regularly shares his passion for legal, social and entrepreneurial topics with a range of audiences.
Arts and Intellectual Property Law Presentations & Workshops
- Zak authored the Business Entities chapter of The Profitable Artist, 2nd ed. (Allworth Press, 2018)
- “The Profitable Artist Lecture Series: Common Legal Issues Facing Artists” – New York Foundation for the Arts
- “Contracts and Business Entities for Visual Artists” – Art Students League
- “Starting and Operating a NonProfit in New York State” (repeated)
- “Legal Basic for Entrepreneurs & Small Businesses” (repeated)
- “Copyrights, Trademarks & Patents : A Small Business Primer” (repeated)
- “Legal Issues Facing Business Websites” (repeated)
- “Crowdfunding & Crowdsourcing : What you need to know”
- Zak frequently leads presentations on the formation of nonprofits, securing tax exempt status, operations and ongoing compliances obligations, for a range of community organizations (e.g. Community Governance & Development Council)
University Guest Lectures
- Business structures and intellectual property protection for Social Enterprises – Graduate course on Social Entrepreneurship at The New School University
- For-profit and non-profit business structures for Social Enterprises – Undergraduate course on Social Entrepreneurship at The New School University (repeated)
- Zak was a regular faculty presenter in the Entrepreneurial Training Program organized by the Women’s Enterprise Development Center. His sessions addressed legal issues facing entrepreneurs and small businesses.
- “Legal Basics for Coaches and Lifestyle Entrepreneurs” – a national webinar hosted by Freedom & Fulfillment Coaching
Backyard Chicken Legislation
- “Backyard Chickens: Understanding the Law” – part of a program on backyard chicken laws hosted by the Putnam Valley Grange
- Zak gave testimony before the Zoning Board of Appeals in Bedford, NY, in support of expanding residents’ rights to raise backyard chicken. He was lauded by local media for “shining a wider light on the issue“.